What is a cookie?
What are first party cookies?
Cookies that we place ourselves from our own domain (* .edumundo.com) are called first-party cookies.
What are third party cookies?
Een ‘third-party’ cookie is een cookie dat wordt geplaatst door een externe partij en ook verwijst naar de website van een externe partij. Wij kunnen gebruikmaken van diensten van andere partijen en zij kunnen dan een cookie plaatsen, bijvoorbeeld om jouw voorkeuren bij te houden. Zo worden in een aantal van onze onderdelen films van YouTube gebruikt; YouTube kan dan cookies plaatsen.
What are cookies used on Edumundo for?
The following cookies can be placed on our website:
- Session Cookies: with the help of these cookies we can see which parts of the website you have viewed. We can, therefore, adjust our services as much as possible to the surfing behaviour of you as a visitor.
- Tracking cookies from ourselves: with your permission, we place a cookie on your equipment, which can be requested as soon as you visit a website from our network. This allows us to find out that in addition to our website you have also been to the relevant another website (s) in our network.
- Analytical cookies: we use the "Analytics" service of the American company Google and the analytical tool Hotjar to more specifically keep track of how you behave on our website as a visitor.
- Functional cookies: for example to load traffic evenly on our website, so that the site remains accessible. But also think of cookies to detect abuse of our website, for example, we keep track of the number of successive failed login attempts.
- Tracking cookies from advertising platforms such as Facebook / Instagram, Twitter, Linkedin, Bing, Google: with your permission, these parties place cookies on your equipment with which they keep track of how and which pages you visit in order to build up a good profile of your online surfing behaviour. This enables us to create targeted remarketing lists or to create comparable target groups so that we can advertise more effectively.
On our website, you can find "like" or "share" buttons from social networks such as Facebook / Instagram, Twitter, Linkedin, Google+. These buttons work with pieces of code that come from these platforms themselves. The same applies to other elements that we embed from websites, such as YouTube videos. We have no influence on the type of cookies these parties place, so read the privacy conditions of the relevant platforms carefully to find out more about how they process cookies.
Which cookies does Edumundo place?
|Cookies Google & Youtube
|Google uses various cookies to track visitor statistics through Analytics, to display more relevant advertisements or to link data from different devices.
More information can be found at https://www.google.com/policies/technologies/types/
|Identification from the CDN Cloudflare to identify computers behind a NAT. No personal information is tracked and it only has a security purpose.
|Twitter uses different cookies. More information can be found at https://help.twitter.com/nl/rules-andpolicies/twitter-cookies
_hjRecordingEnable, _hjClosedSurveyInvites , _hjDonePolls, _hjMinimizedPolls, _hjDoneTestersWidget s, _hjMinimizedTestersWi dgets, _hjDoneSurveys, _hjIncludedInSample, _hjShownFeedbackMessage
Right to view and correct or delete your data
You have the right to view and correct or delete your data. See our contact page for this. To prevent abuse, we can ask you to identify yourself adequately. When it comes to access to personal data linked to a cookie, you must send a copy of the cookie in question. You can find this in the settings of your browser.
Parts of the site cannot work without cookies. Consider, for example, the playback of certain videos.
How can I delete cookies?
Go to the menu Extra> Internet options> General tab. Click Delete under Browsing History. You may not want to delete everything. Make sure that at least Cookies are checked and click on Delete. Go to Tools> Options> Privacy tab. Click on "Delete your recent history". Under Details, you can indicate what exactly you want to delete. In any case, check Cookies. You can also indicate how old the cookies must be. Select All here. Click on the three lines at the top right. Click Options> Advanced Options tab. Under Privacy, click Clear browsing data. In any case, ensure that Delete cookies and other site data are checked. You can also indicate how old the cookies must be. Select All here.